Sunday, June 20, 2010

Field Trip to Green Market!!

We went to the Farmer's Market on Union Square (I call it the Green Market because when I went there, I only saw healthy and green food.) We met with Sara and she show us around the market. I was really interested because I got to see so many different types of foods, mostly vegetables and fruits. There was this one lady (I forgot her name...) who was really into learning about different types of really good tasting veggies and fruits. It was really funny, especially when she talked about the tiny yellow tomatoes. I'm personally not a big fan of tomatoes but after hearing her, I try it... It... actually taste really sweet!! Also we went on a treasure hunt for different types of food grown on the farm. I really like the treasure hunt because I got to eat and drink free foods (samples). This one lady gave me the evil eyes when I went to get a sample of Italian Sausage!! Hey, It samples so I can still get even if I'm not buying anything!!! Anyway the trip was really fun. I got to learn more about food and it's showing of when I go on grocery shopping.:3

No comments:

Post a Comment